Monday, December 27, 2010

Why I am not a Christian PART 1

This has nothing to do with Betrand Russel's "Why I am not a Christian".



So, in an early blog post about what if I reverted to Christianity. Now, I am going to tell why it's unlikely.

IF YOU WANT MORALITY IN THE BIBLE, GO READ ANOTHER BOOK!:

So many Atheists point out the amorality in the Bible. I am going to the same.

'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.'
--- John 3:16, KJV

Many Christians show this as the sign of perfect love. Sure it is(I say sarcastically). Would you kill your children to save someone else from you? That's what God did. I like what NonStampCollector said:

--- NonStampCollector


I also like this video by GrapplingIgnorance


--- GrapplingIgnorance

It has nothing to do with the morality of John 3:16. It just shows how ridiculous it is.

Now, why is it when God does it, it's okay?

Okay, let's see another example.

Now, I know some moderates might "The Bible was written by fallible men in primitive immoral times. So you can't just point out one verse and say Christianity is ammoral."

Wait, I thought that verse the summary of both the moderate's and fundamentalist's Christianity?

Okay, moderates what another verse? Okay!

'And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.'
--- 2 Kings 2:23

That's mean to make fun something just because there bald. However, should we kill those children? NO!!!!

'And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.'
--- 2 Kings 2:24

Wait, not only did God kill CHILDREN but killed them painfully with bears. As a person who is in between childhood and adolescence I sure I don't want to die. I don't care if it's painful or not, I don't want to die.

That's why I am not Christian. And that's not all (folks).

'I am fond of saying that reading the Bible turned my into an atheist.'
--- Ruth Hurmence Green(1915-1981)

'Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived'
--- Isaac Asimov (1920-1992)

No comments:

Post a Comment